Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Dusty modeling the latest project.......


Well, all in all it was a good week. I have so many things to be grateful for. One thing that I am grateful for is my job. I am very lucky to be a teacher in a great district with great kids. I love what I do. Every morning I can wake up and have a good day. I can smile at a student, high 5 a student, or just chat with them. I get to pull out my guitar every morning and sing my favorite Puerto Rican childhood songs as well as all my other favorites, with a group of sweet students sitting at my feet. How lucky is that? Well, its about to get better....I just got nominated for the Blue Valley Teacher of the Year. What an honor. I am sooooo humbled my fellow professional have bestowed this on me. I didn't realize how true the saying was...."It's just an honor to be nominated..." until I have to use it myself, because I really do feel that way.


Onwards to projects......


My Gathered scarf from Ravelry is finally finished. I love the subtle color changes of the yarn. I would've liked it to be a tad longer, but I already used 3 balls of yarn from the LYS, so it was getting to be a costly scarf, so it'll have to do just as it is.



Close up of stitiches.....




Currently on my needles is a project from Knitty. This ear warmer called the Calorimetry. I first saw it over at Christina's blog, it looked so cozy and inviting I just had to try it myself. I am a little over half way done and its a fun, fast project. I'm using some RHSS fleck that I had in my stash, so it's a freebie!!

3 comments:

Libby said...

It is an honor to be nominated! Congratulations!!!

I love your knit projects. The little doggie might not want to give up the scarf though. :-)

I started a new knit project last night. We'll see how that goes...

Crafty Christina said...

Congrats on your nomination! That's wonderful and I hope you win!

Your gathered scarf is really pretty. Dusty looks like a patient model. :)

I have that same skein of RHSS in my stash too. Bet you can get 2 headwarmers out of it. That pattern is really fast for a knit one!

Mel said...

Way to go!!

Just wanted to tell you that you have received the Sunshine Blog Award. Please stop by my blog and pick up your award. You will find it at: http://musings-by-melani.blogspot.com/