Monday, February 2, 2009

Hello February!

I've been MIA in the blogging world, but that does mean ny hands have been idle. I've started a host of new projects and even finished a few.

First an update on life in general....well...the sad economy has finally caught up with this family. My DH has been laid off. So far we'll be able to manage, but keep your fingerst crossed for something to pop up soon. Our market here in kansas has been thoroughly satuarated with talented workers since Sprint has gone through a huge round of lay-offs, but we're keeping our chins up and faith strong.

My oldest is entering the spring of his final year in HS. He has applied and been accepted into the achitect program at KSU.

My DD broke her ring finger last week(Drama!!)

Trenton turned 6 on Saturday and we had a great pool party at the Rec center here. I know, I know it was January, but we called it "Bummer it's not summer pool party!" Pretty cute, eh?

And now onto the good stuff...the PROJECTS:

Baby Blanket for a teacher who is due in April.(So proud of myself; I planned ahead!)

Close up of edge:



Shrug:

Close up of motif around bottom:


From this LA booklet...lovng the way its turning out!



Knitting project:

Missed you guys, hope your new year is going well! Love to hear from ya!

3 comments:

CraftyAshley said...

I'm so sorry Caroline your family will be in my thoughts.
Congrats on your son, bummer for your daughter, and that is such a cute them for your son. Belated Happy Birthday.
Your projects look great! Your so brave to do shrugs and stuff. That is still one of the projects I have not tried. To scared of disappointment. lol
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You and your family will be in our thoughts. Congrats to your son!I wish fast, healthy healing for your daughter's finger, and I am liking that shrug very much!!!

Crafty Christina said...

I'm sorry to hear about your hubby, I pray that he finds work soon and that your family will be ok.

Your projects look awesome! You're on a roll.